1 a small sphere
2 a solid missile discharged from a firearm; "the shot buzzed past his ear" [syn: shot]
- Rhymes: -ɛlɪt
- Usually a small, compressed, symmetrical and hard chunk of matter. Ex: Wood pellet, ore pellet, etc.
- A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns.
- Compressed byproduct of digestion regurgitated by owls. Serves as a waste disposal mechanism for that species, as it can't excrete feces.
Usually a small, compressed, symmetrical and hard chunk of matter
A lead projectile used as ammunition in rifled air guns
- To form into pellets
- To strike with pellets
- Plural of pelle
Pellet is a generic term used for a small particle or grain, typically one created by compressing an original material. The generic term is used in a variety of specific contexts.
- Pellet (air gun), non-spherical projectiles fired from air guns
- Airsoft pellets are the spherical plastic projectiles used in Airsoft guns
- The individual items of "shot" fired from a shotgun, are referred to as pellets
- In centrifugation, a pellet is the concentrated component of a mixture that had been centrifuged
- Animal feed pellets are feedstuffs produced from various raw materials and additives
- Plastic resin pellet, or nurdle
- Bird pellets are the round balls of undigested matter that some bird species occasionally regurgitate
- Wood pellets or corn pellets are used in pellet stoves
- Pelletizing is the industrial process used to create pellets - often using a pellet mill.
pellet in Spanish: Pellet
pellet in Simple English: Pellet
pellet in Finnish: Pelletti
ball, balloon, bar shot, bead, bird shot, bladder, blob, boll, bolus, brickbat, bubble, buckshot, bulb, bulbil, bulblet, bullet, cannon shot, cannonball, case shot, crossbar shot, duck shot, dumdum bullet, egg, ellipsoid, expanding bullet, geoid, globe, globelet, globoid, globule, glomerulus, gob, gobbet, grape, grapeshot, knob, knot, langrel shot, lapidate, manstopping bullet, marble, oblate spheroid, orb, orbit, orblet, pea, pearl, pebble, pelt, pill, prolate spheroid, rifle ball, rondure, round shot, shell, shot, shrapnel, slug, sphere, spheroid, spherule, split shot, stone